Not long ago, JBoogie posted a blog listing some interesting facts about herself. I have been inspired to do the same, so here are some random facts about me:
1. I joined the Army in 1984, but I got out for seven years to help my mother raise my two younger brothers after my father died. I went back onto active duty in 1994, and have been on active duty ever since then.
2. I smoke a pipe. Not the kind you buy in a head-shop, but the normal/regular kind.
3. I have never used any type of illicit drug. No experimentation, nothing. I would like to try marijuana after I retire though, just to see what the big deal is. I used to be a heavy drinker, but not anymore. Being drunk sucks. Being hungover sucks.
4. I bought my first motorcycle when I was 44. No, it wasn’t a mid-life crisis, it was when I could finally afford one. I’ve wanted one all my life.
5. I’ve been married for over 20 years. I love my wife more than anything, but I can’t seem to convince her of that. I’m scared she’s going to leave me one day, but I’m tired of jumping through hoops to keep her convinced that I love her. If she leaves me, it’ll be the worst thing that ever happened to me, but I’m completely spent, I’m powerless to stop her and I’m powerless to keep this up. I can’t tell her any of this because she won’t be able to handle it and it will likely make things worse.
6. My wife says I came back from Iraq different. Not sure how I'm different, but maybe that has something to do with #5.
7. I'm not a big fan of guns. I support the right to keep and bear arms, but for me, I'm tired of them. After 20-plus years in the Army, I've had enough of them. If I never fire or even touch one again, I won't miss it.
8. I used to do a lot of hunting, but because of #7, I'll probably never do it again.
9. Ebaumsworld has a "mature section." I stay the hell out of there, and you should too.
10. My parents left bruises on me when I was a kid. No broken bones, but a few bruises. I only deserved about half of the punishments I got, but my parents grew up with the "spare the rod, spoil the child" mentality. They never missed an opportunity.
11. I hate loud music.
I guess that's enough. It's Sunday and we are going to Mass soon. When we get back, the wife and I are getting on the bike for a long ride. We won't know where we're going until we get there. I love having her on the back of the bike with her arms around me. There's no better feeling.
Happy blogging ebaumers!