I imagine that the reason most of these laws and bans still exist is that no one has gotten around to changing them. However, they’re totally worth laughing at and leave you imagining where the hell they might have come from. This is what happens when legal power lands in the wrong hands.
- It’s illegal to call or address a pig as Napoleon.
- Between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m., 70 percent of the music on the radio must be by French composers.
- It is against the law to sell a doll with a face that’s not human.
- Littering is a serious offense. If caught littering your punishment includes a fine of several thousand dollars, hours of litter collection, state-sponsored counseling, as well as your picture in the local news.
- It is illegal to carry a Bible or to talk to someone about Jesus.
The United Kingdom
- It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament. The reasoning behind this is that technically anyone who dies within the walls of Parliament is automatically granted a Royal state funeral.
- The head of any dead whale found on the British coast is legally the property of the King. The tail is property of the Queen so that she can use the bones for her corset.
- In the city of York, it is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow.
- Although it is against the law for children to buy cigarettes, condoms, or alcohol, they can legally use all of them.
- It is illegal to wear black clothing, felt shoes, and black shoe polish on your face while roaming the streets. These items are the tools of a cat burglar.
- It is illegal to dress up as Batman.
- Donald Duck was once banned because he doesn’t wear any pants.
The United States
- Impotence is grounds for divorce in twenty-four states.
- In Illinois, it is illegal to speak English. The officially recognized language is “American.”
- In Oxford, Ohio, it is still illegal for a woman to undress in front of a picture of a man.
- In Indiana, during the 1950s, anything to do with Robin Hood was prohibited. Robbing from the rich to give to the poor was considered communist ideology.
- If you drop gum on the pavement, you can be fined up to $600.
- You are not permitted to leave your house without wearing underwear.
- All those who attend a cinema show must stand up during the national anthem before a film begins.
Let's hope this list will motivate people to get out and vote.