- List View
- Player View
- Grid View
1. A high school senior was suspended with only 30 minutes left of her school year after wearing a dress that violated school dress code.
2. When Evette Reay, a senior at West Side High School in Dayton, Idaho, got dressed on Friday morning, she chose an outfit that made her feel good.
3. “I read in Seventeen that I had to dress for how I felt,” she tells
4. “If I dressed well I would feel better about myself, and I wanted to feel good on my last day.” Reay, 18, chose a short-sleeved green dress with a lace overlay and sandals.
5. But that afternoon, with a half hour left in the school day, a teacher told her she had to go home because her dress was too short.
6. But instead of letting her mother bring an alternate outfit or sending Reay to get school-provided clothes, Reay says the teacher threatened to withhold her diploma for insubordination.