- List View
- Player View
- Grid View
1. In 2006, Michael Stepien was shot and killed while walking home from work, but this didn’t stop him from attending his daughter’s wedding recently.
2. Jeni (Stepien, now Lynne) invited the man who received her father’s donated heart to walk her down the aisle, and it made for the most incredible day.
3. Arthur Thomas, 72, was close to death when a suitable heart was found. It was Michael’s heart, and the donation saved his life. Thomas wrote a thank you note to the family and they remained in touch over the years.
4. When Jeni wrote him a letter asking if he’d walk her down the aisle, he proudly honored her request. “What greater honor could a person have than walking the daughter of the man who’s given his heart to him,”, “I can’t imagine a greater honor.”.
5. “It truly was the best day of my entire life!” wrote Jeni “To be able to bring my dad home and have him at my wedding was an absolute dream come true!”.
6. Maybe some will find this silly but for Jeni it was a way to sooth her feelings of missing her father and for mister Thomas it was a way to, in a way, repay for the gift he was given by Jeni's father. Can you feel the tears yet?