- List View
- Player View
- Grid View
1. Paul and Barbara were expecting quintuplets. At least that what she told him. They quickly spread the word among their community of Quebec, and even started a Facebook page.
2. People of the community began donating baby items to the couple, who also received the sponsorship of a corporate business. However, things became strange very quickly once the babies were due to be delivered.
3. Turns out Paul was not monitoring Barbara's pregnancy- she told him the doctors say everything is fine and he believed her.
4. When they arrived at the hospital the staff couldn’t find any paperwork saying that the woman was pregnant. After drawing her blood, which revealed that she was not pregnant, doctors told the couple that Barbara could have been experiencing pseudocyesis — aka phantom pregnancy, where women can experience the symptoms of pregnancy without actually being pregnant.
5. Then, a relative of her let a secret slip… apparently she had lied in the past about being pregnant, making this a second time. Paul is trying his best to move past it. He has decided to give back all of the gifts that were donated or to donate them to charity. He explains: “I'm a good person and I have nothing to do with these lies.” We leave Paul heartbroken, but relieved he found out Barbara's true face before it was too late.