So the tea bag thing...
I'm all for freedom of speech, but before I call people "a bunch of retards" I want to know what they're doing. I'm not sure what the motivation for the tea party thing is. The fact that it's on April 15th isn't lost on me. That's tax day.
So are we protesting taxation during an administration that has mostly raised taxes on luxury items like cigarettes and tobacco and on people that make a lot of money? Aren't we pissed that he's deficit spending at a record rate in an effort (perhaps one that's in vain) to fixed the failed economy? Don't we need more tax revenue to pay for his deficit and the ones from the last 30 years?
Sorry in advance for the copy/paste, but this is what I've gotten off of the internet for the anti-tax tea party (12 American Solutions for Jobs and Properity):
- Payroll Tax Stimulus. With a temporary new tax credit to offset 50% of the payroll tax, every small business would have more money, and all Americans would take home more of what they earn.
- Real Middle-Income Tax Relief. Reduce the marginal tax rate of 25% down to 15%, in effect establishing a flat-rate tax of 15% for close to 9 out of 10 American workers.
- Reduce the Business Tax Rate. Match Irelands rate of 12.5% to keep more jobs in America.
- Homeowners Assistance. Provide tax credit incentives to responsible home buyers so they can keep their homes.
- Control Spending So We Can Move to a Balanced Budget. This begins with eliminating Congressional earmarks and wasteful pork-barrel spending.
- No State Aid Without Protection From Fraud. Require state governments to adopt anti-fraud and anti-theft policies before giving them more money.
- More American Energy Now. Explore for more American oil and gas and invest in affordable energy for the future, including clean coal, ethanol, nuclear power and renewable fuels.
- Abolish Taxes on Capital Gains. Match China, Singapore and many other competitors. More investment in America means more jobs in America.
- Protect the Rights of American Workers. We must protect a workers right to decide by secret ballot whether to join a union, and the workers right to freely negotiate. Forced unionism will kill jobs in America at a time when we cant afford to lose them.
- Replace Sarbanes-Oxley. This failed law is crippling entrepreneurial startups. Replace it with affordable rules that help create jobs, not destroy them.
- Abolish the Death Tax. Americans should work for their families, not for Washington.
- Invest in Energy and Transportation Infrastructure. This includes a new, expanded electric power grid and a 21st century air traffic control system that will reduce delays in air travel and save passengers, employees and airlines billions of dollars per year.
I'm all for several of these. More nuclear power plants is a no fucking brainer. We need nuclear power plants and plug in cars with no gasoline motor at all on the roads. How great would it be to thumb our noses at Hugo Chavez, Russia, and the Middle East and tell them to shove their oil up their asses?
New transportaion infrastructure? Hell yes. That's a "shovel ready" motherfucker right there. I want to spend 500 billion on new roads, power grids, etc. I'll finally get a chunk of massive government spending that I have some lasting tangible asset for.
Okay, that's where common sense has pretty much ended.
American oil? We've got a tiny fraction of the world's oil and use over 25% of it. Sure, drill offshore, but realize that it's a band aid on an axe wound.
The Sarbanes-Oxley Act? That's the Public Accounting Oversight Board that specifies independant auditors, financial disclosure, coporate tax disclosures, and white collar penalty enhancement as a result of Enron, WorldCom, and other corporate swindles. If this bill is crippling the start up of the next Enron, I'm all for it.
Look at #1-4 and #8. That's a fuck-pot of tax revenue that's going away. We can't even cut our spending to where we're not on a deficit. What the fuck is the plan to do it when we gut our revenue? That's just fucking retarded. 0% capital gains tax? Are you shitting me? It's already one of the lowest rates on anything income related.
Tax incentives to keep your home? If you lost your job due to the ecomony and you're going to lose your home, my heart goes out to you. Most of these motherfuckers getting forclosed on bought a house they couldn't afford. I would've liked another bathroom in my home too, motherfuck, but I couldn't afford one. I also didn't have some crazy adjustable rate mortgage either. That's gambling. Sometimes you lose when you gamble and it's a bitch. I don't gamble with something I can't afford to lose... like my fucking house, dumbass. I had an ace high flush at Red Rock casino the other day and didn't have the discipline to fold it when the board paired on the river. I lost $200 to a full house. That's bad judgement. Nobody is giving me any breaks. I made a bad gamble and I payed for it. End of story.
This blog has gone on for much longer than I intended and has turned into somewhat of a rant, so I'll put a stop to it. You guys help me understand what's going on.