- List View
- Player View
- Grid View
1. People in the Louvre where shocked to see a 33-year-old "performance artist" showing her lady parts in the popular Paris museum. It was not the first time the woman did this (as you can see on the picture), in May 2014 she exposed herself in front of Gustave Courbet’s “The Origin of the World” painting, at the Orsay Museum, to "mimic the close-up of a woman’s genitals shown on the painting". She had no legal problems then.
2. The lack of publicity obviously upset her as she decided to do it again this time in front of Edouard Manet’s similarly nude painting of the prostitute Olympia. She was arrested because of that in January 2016 for indecent exposure; but as she was in front of a painting showing a naked woman the "artist" successfully argued that she simply recreated the painting as performance art.
3. But this again did not bring worldwide attention, so Deborah de Robertis decided to do this one more time in front of the Mona Lisa. The woman had a set up this time, including some elevation so she could be widely seen. Not all went well and de Robertis actually faceplanted trying to kick off her dress, but as the guard tried to pick her up she ran back to the Mona Lisa, this time successfully exposing herself. This time she couldn't say she was recreating Mona Lisa and got in trouble. Robertis was in custody for two days before appearing before a judge, who ordered her to face trial on October 18 on charges of sexual exhibitionism and assault for biting a museum guard’s jacket during her arrest. Robertis’s lawyer said “It’s not exhibitionism if there is no wish to assault someone sexually, which is completely contrary to the work of this performance artist” and the performer said that her goal is to show the tough life of female artists. Louis C.K's lawyer should take notes as the woman got acquitted and her flashing considered modern art.
- REPLAY GALLERY
- Exhibitionist Gets Away With Showing Her Vagina In Public By Calling It Art
- NEXT GALLERY
- 33 Great Pics And Memes to Improve Your Mood