Dan_Richard13 wrote all in Bold, i do not take credit for what was written. my answer is below what was written here.
I just claimed a prize and noticed they put rules up for them, so i thought i would put them here so everyone can read them.
Who Can Enter:
- To participate, users must be legal residents of the United States of America, or Canada, who are 18 years of age or older.
- Employees (including, without limitation, part-time or temporary employees) of the EBAUMS, eReps sponsors, and their respective parent entities, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and advertising and promotion agencies at any time during the applicable contesting period and the immediate family and other household members (i.e., spouses, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, roommates, housemates, significant others, partners and siblings) of each of the above are NOT eligible to enter and/or to qualify for prizes.
- EBAUMS is not responsible for any entries, internet connections and/or telephone calls that are misdirected, lost, stolen, disconnected, not received, or are illegible. EBAUMS is not responsible for any printing errors. All entries become the property of EBAUMS and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. Entries that are determined to be fraudulent will be void, and the person making such an entry barred from further participation in that contest. Entries that are determined by EBAUMS to be fraudulent will be void and the person making such an entry barred from further participation in the contest. Incomplete entries may be disqualified in EBAUMS sole discretion.
- The following method of entry applies:
- Only submissions entered on the official prizes page (located at HYPERLINK "http://www.ebaumsworld.com/prizes/") will be accepted.
- For internet based entries, use of robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry modes is prohibited and will be void. In case of an identity dispute, the registered user of the email account on the date of entry will be the recognized user.
- In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a member, the holder of the e-mail account will be deemed the person who submitted the membership. The holder of the e-mail account is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the second level domain associated with the e-mail address in question. Members are required to provide truthful information when completing entry registration form. If EBAUMS determines that any registration form contains false or fraudulent information or is submitted by a person other than the one named in the form or by an ineligible entrant, such form will be disqualified and that member will be prohibited from participating in this contest.
- Prizes will be released to winners only in a manner determined by EBAUMS and in its sole discretion.
- EBAUMS reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for all contests and giveaways. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
- EBAUMS Management shall be the sole arbiters in all matters relating to the contest and in the interpretation of contest rules.
- By participating in a EBAUMS contest, entrants hereby consents to EBAUMS and contest sponsors? usage of any one or more of the following for advertising and promotional purposes without payment of additional consideration: user?s name; voice; likeness; biographical information; his/her participation in the contest; and the substance of the user?s telephone call.
- EBAUMS contests are subject to all applicable laws and regulations and are void where prohibited.
- EBAUMS is not responsible for any technical difficulties experienced due to overload, busy signals, loss of phone service, electronic problems or any other factor that may prevent an individual from completing a phone call or for any technical malfunction related to any telephone connection, servers, routers, or any other technical problem that may impact entry or prize claim including, without limitation, any internet telephone call connections.
- EBAUMS reserves the right to: (i) terminate or declare any Contest null and void and rescind any prize, if in its sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of the Contest have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a participant in the Contest; (ii) alter or amend these Contest rules at any time; and (iii) stop or conclude the Contest at any time without prior notice
Here is what i wrote, answering the questions people have posted about it.
ENTRY: u can only get ur prize if ur a US or canadian citizen. if ur internet is screwy, and it doesnt process right, you may lose your eRep points, and not recieve your prize. any programs, (bots, hackers, etc...) will void ur entry and u get nuthin. the actual owner of the account, even if they gave the account away, gets the prize. if this is disputed, it goes to the owner of the email address that is connected to the eBaum account. if any info in the account is false, or is not working, u get nothing.
PRIZE: eBaum can switch the prize you want for anything of equal value. Ex: swag pach equals 20 dollars, you may get another prize worth 20 dollars that is not the swag pack. once u get a prize, u cant switch it for any other prizes.
MISCELLANEOUS: (sums it up) rules can be changed at any time. all outside laws apply with the prize EX: you need to follow all street laws if u got the car, and eBaum is not responsible for any laws that you may break. if the order isnt completed correctly, then eBaum isnt responsible. finally, eBaum may stop the contest at any time if wished.
Hope this helps.