Quotes on War
So I decided to collect up a few quotes dealing with war, kind of put things into perspective from the middle-ages to present day, the view on war from some of the "big dogs" of the world....pretty neat stuff
- History teaches that war begins when governments believe the price of aggression is cheap.
- God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best.
- An eye for an eye only makes the whole world blind.
- I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
- It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
- It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it.
Robert E. Lee
- No one ever goes into battle thinking God is on the other side.
- The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic.
- The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
George S. Patton, Jr.
- Their sword will become our plow, and from the tears of war the daily bread of future generations will grow.
- War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
- What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?
- When war is declared, Truth is the first casualty.
- You can no more win a war than you can win an earthquake.
- You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.
Some of these come from notorious warlords, others from philosophers, even some from Presidents and Prime Ministers...but the message seems quite clear, war will mess some shit up!