So after I read Kittyhasclaws' blog about Westboro Baptist church I decided to do some reading on them, because frankly, I don't really know that much about them.
Here is what I found:
- With gays- They picket gay funerals, saying that it is good that they are rotting in hell, while waving signs that say "God hates fags" or "When a fag dies, God laughs' They picket pop concerts because they assume that pop is the choice genre for homosexuals. They picket outside of brodway saying that theater is a haven for homosexuals. They were shown picketing a local appliance store because the store "sold Swedish vacuum cleaners" and the Swedish government had recently imprisoned a pastor for preaching against homosexuality. They also say God hates America for our increasing acceptance of the gay community.
- With the troops- They picket dead soilder's funerals because they say that this is God's judgement of our homosexual acceptance. They also say that soldiers did not join the military out of a sense of patriotism, but because they are "lazy, incompetent idiots" unable to find work elsewhere.
- With celebrities- They picketed the funeral of Fred Rogers who was openly supportive of gay rights. They also picketed the funeral of Coretta Scott King because of her beliefs that all people are created equal.
- With preachers- They picketed the funeral of televangalist Jery Falwell because of him rejecting Westboro's methods. They also picket Billy Graham's revivals because of his lack of interest in using the "God hates fags" thing.
- Other Churches views- While they call themselves Baptist they are not affiliated with any other Christian churches. Every sect of Christianity does not agree with Westboro's method of action. (even though they still think homosexuality is a sin)
These people are monsters. The action they take against homosexuals is hate mongering, pessemistic, and antisemetic. They need to be stoped. We should start an anti-westboro league. (not really but it's a good idea)