- List View
- Player View
- Grid View
1. This 19-year-old woman from Chicago, who used to weigh 223lbs has lost an impressive 80lbs after deciding to leave her poor diet and sedentary lifestyle behind two years ago.
2. This is her two years ago at 223lbs. She decided to never be ashamed to have her photo taken.
3. Esbeidy Barrera, from Chicago, now weighs 144lbs and uses her Instagram page to document her ongoing body transformation, as well how she's still working towards her goal of losing 88lbs and inspire others struggling with their weight.
She says she works out twice a day when work doesn't get in her way, waking up at 5am everyday to go to the gym, then going to school at 8am before going to work until 11pm.
4. This routine may sound exhausting to most, but Esbeidy, who said she's always had low self esteem due to her weight, is determined to stay on her fitness path.
'I have goals to reach,' she wrote.
Not wanting to focus her weight-loss plan on just dieting, Esbeidy says her transformation mainly came from exercise such as cardio and weight training.
In fact, she says she doesn't really believe in diets and just eats in moderation now, even allowing herself the occasional Oreo cookie.
5. 'And although I shouldn't let a number on a scale determine my hard work and happiness, I'm so excited to reach my goal.'
But even though she realizes her transformation is not all about her weight, she admits she still gets excited to see her hard work pay off.
'Being the socially awkward/lame person that I am, I'm internally screaming because I'm a few pounds down from last time I weighed myself,' the 19-year-old writes. 'I've never been this darn happy.'
6. Still, Esbeidy definitely has a healthy diet, often posting images of fruit smoothies, acaí bowls, whole grain bagels and oatmeal.
And although having been so overweight means it's not easy for her to reach those goals, she's managed to keep a balanced mind and hasn't let her wellbeing become all about her weight.
'So hard to tighten loose skin but glad that I'm getting there slowly,' Esbeidy shared.
7. Esbeidy's followers use her Instagram account and a source of inspiration, and often leave encouraging comments and tell her they're rooting for her.
One of them wrote: 'Great job on your transformation! You'd be a great coach for other's who relate to you!'
'Just stalked your pictures and showed them to my mom. She's so blown away by you! Keep kicking butt, girl! You're amazing!' commented another.
8. Miss Barrera is looking fine now, but she isn't done yet.
9. Let this be an inspiration to start trying, because you will never know what you can achieve until you try.
- REPLAY GALLERY
- 19-Year-Old Who Tipped The Scales At 223lbs Has the Glow Up of the Century
- NEXT GALLERY
- 23 Stupid People Who Need to Be Stopped