How Wide Is Hurricane Matthew?
Ramble_Khron Published 10/06/2016 in wow
Hurricane Matthew is 175 miles wide, with an area of 24,000 square miles. Let’s take a look at exactly how big that is!
- List View
- Player View
- Grid View
1. Hurricane Matthew is currently making it’s way up the Eastern seaboard and while many people are in the process of evacuation, we want to take the time to show you how large the storm actually is. Weather.com reported that, “Matthew's tropical storm-force winds are (at least 39 mph) and extend up to 175 miles from the center, and it's hurricane-force winds extend up to 45 miles from the center.” The hurricane is roughly 24,000 square miles and for you non-meteorologists out there we broke down just how big that is. Here is a list of things that are roughly the same size if not smaller than Hurricane Matthew.
2. Larger than Norway (23,956)
3. Larger than West Virginia (24,230)
4. It's larger than Taiwan (13,974) and Belgium (11,787) combined.
5. And finally it's larger than not one, but six Jamaica's.
6. Now if the utter magnitude of Hurricane Matthew doesn't scare you enough, it also looks like the skull of a demon. Good luck and stay safe!
Categories: Wow Animals & Nature