- List View
- Player View
- Grid View
1. The worst thing about flying isn't waiting in line at customs or waiting in the airport - it's the prospect of sitting in a small, uncomfortable seat for too many hours. Universal Movement feels your pain, so they designed a super comfortable airplane seat that you'll actually be able to sleep in.
2. The seats are designed for the economy class (the seats in first class are already amazing, have you seen them?!) and have a few different features. Most notably, they have padded wings that fold out from either side of the seat to provide some privacy from your neighbor and a place to rest your head.
3. The seats also recline, and with the wings unfolded, it's almost like a cot with sides. No more fear of your head lolling onto the shoulder of the person next to you.
4. The company is planning to add facial recognition to the built-in screens on the back of the seats, which will recognize when the passenger has fallen asleep and automatically turn off the movie they're watching.
5. A few airlines have shown interest in these seats, so it might not be too long before they're available on commercial flights. Anything that makes travelling on airplanes more comfortable sounds good to us.