- List View
- Player View
- Grid View
1. Chalipo shared an image of an invoice that his mom gave him for close to $40K.
2. It’s understandable for a young man to move home with his girlfriend to save money for a down payment. But that doesn’t mean he can’t contribute, so it's fair his mother bills him for his costs.
3. Here’s a better look at the invoice, courtesy of Credit.com . According to the site, 23-year-old Kevin (which isn’t his real name) has been living at home for the better part of a year. The invoice came out of an argument due to Kevin’s unwillingness to help get his younger brother health benefits, for which the whole family had to provide their personal information. He admits to being selfish, and until he got the invoice, had no idea what it cost to run a household.
4. Some of the costs on the invoice make sense: Hydro and utilities: $1,252
5. Tuition for 5 years of education: $23,550
6. Health benefit premiums: $5,726 But it’s the next one that’s the kicker.
7. Being an asshole and not appreciative of your mothers support financially or otherwise: $1,000 His mother doesn’t expect him to pay the invoice, but wanted it to be an example of what being a grown up looks like. As for Kevin, he admitted that it was kind of a wake-up call for him to get with the program with the whole life thing. But damn, mom… $1K for being an asshole.. that means I owe my mom like… never mind..