- List View
- Player View
- Grid View
1. A woman claims she started having heart palpitations and broke down in tears after being served a sausage roll that contained sausage. Sharleen , 20, is vegan and she went to get a bite to eat at Greggs. But when she started eating it she realised the sausage roll contained... sausage. She said: I haven’t had meat in two years. My belly started hurting and my heart started going crazy.
2. "I was panicking because that only happens when I consume meat – this doesn’t happen when I have other food. I’m traumatised for life now". She returned to the shop where she was offered a £2 refund by the manager, but unhappy with this she called the customer service hotline. They offered her a £30 voucher, but she turned it down. Sharleen said: "I was asking for a public apology to make people aware that they should watch out for things like this."
3. Sharleen took her cause to Twitter but has since deleted the video. She says the ordeal may even stop her going to other food outlets for fear of the same happening again. A shift manager at the Greggs store said: "We have a fix-it-now company policy where we offer the customer a refund straight away. If they don’t accept that then we will put them through to head office. She definitely received an apology – it is company standard." A Greggs spokesman said: ‘We have apologised to the customer for this incident. We’ve taken great care to try and prevent this from happening and are investigating to ensure this situation can be avoided in the future." Some say she overreacted, while others point out that you should get what you order- they don't know about your allergies and such; what do you think?
- REPLAY GALLERY
- Vegan Gets Traumatized For Life After Being Served Sausage Rolls