"Wake up with the food poisoning"

A Goodyear, Arizona girl is apparently in good health after taking a bite of a raw chicken sandwich that was sold to her grandmother from Burger King.

Charlotte Parker claims the sandwich was handed off completely raw from a Burger King in Buckeye. She shared images of the culinary monstrosity with AZ Family.

The suspect Burger King released a statement to the publication.

We are sorry to hear about this experience and are thankful that it was brought to our attention.  We have very strict protocols guiding the cooking process at restaurants, and we take any issue regarding food safety very seriously.  The restaurant owner has retrained the restaurant staff on our cooking protocols following this incident.  Separately, the owner has reached out to the guest to offer a refund and explain the actions the restaurant has taken to ensure this does not happen again.

Inside Edition also did a piece on the gnarly sandwich.

It's sad to say, but it might be best to cut into your fast food to avoid a similar chicken sashimi fate.