- List View
- Player View
- Grid View
1. "To this day, there was a kid in my class that no one else remembers. I distinctly remember playing with this kid in kindergarten, and we were pretty much inseparable. About a month past Christmas break he disappeared.
No one remembered him. Not the teachers, or the others in my class. No one. I even asked the school counselor if he was okay, and she humored me by going through records to see if he’d transferred.
She couldn’t find a thing. I think about it at least once a month." - CrippledUnironically
2. "When I was 13 I moved into my brother's bedroom, as it is an extension to the original house with an en suite and is far larger than my old room. Originally it was a tiny boxroom with the entrance to the attic but was extended outwards.
The attic entrance is always open, with a permanent set of metal ladders angled up into it. There's a picture of it here, the grey arch is where the original room ended. Within a few weeks of moving in, I'd wake up in the middle of the night to see a figure staring down at me, with a white head like a skull and a formless black body.
It would slowly move down to the foot of my bed and stare at me until I moved, at which point it would sink into the floor. Just sleep paralysis, right? And I'd begged to move into the room and had just got it set up so I wasn't going to leave. I didn't really talk about it to anyone, it gradually became less frequent over time. Eight years after this my brother mentioned at a get together that he used to have a sleep paralysis demon when he lived in that room a half-joking, half freaked out way to other people when the topic of them came up.
He described the exact same fucking thing. Neither of us mentioned it to anybody else at the time it was happening so we have no explanation for us both experiencing the same thing." - omnipresentrain
3. "Was delivering newspapers on my paper route when a longtime customer pulled his car next to me and asked me to just give him his daily newspaper now because he was going on a long trip. I handed him his newspaper then skipped his house as I continued my route.
The next day I was collecting the weekly fees (you used to have to go collect the money back then, no internet payment yet) and I went to his house to collect my fee. His wife answers and promptly complains that I missed her house on my deliveries the day before. I explained to her that her husband pulled up next to me, I told her what he said and that I gave him the paper.
She started crying, told me that he had died a couple of weeks ago and it was obviously not possible that I spoke with her husband the day before. I know what I saw and nearly 30 years later I still think about that situation. I have no way to logically explain what happened and it still gives me the creeps." - avionchef
4. "I had this neighbor who was around 30 and he was such a sweet guy (let's say his name was Adam). I felt like he was the kind of older brother I’ve always wished for. He was an all rounder; gym freak, good at singing and playing every possible instrument, dance, sports, cooking etc.
He used to take me and my younger brother to the beach wherever possible. So this incident took place a 3 days before my 14th birthday. I was on my way to school in the morning when this absurd scene of flashed in front of my eyes; it was him getting into an accident and dying. It felt soo real i almost wanted to cry but then i told myself maybe its because i had watched a movie with a character dying the previous night.
I continued with the day and it was almost 8pm when my parents got a call from someone. I could see their face change expressions. Once the call ended, they said they needed to go somewhere and would be back in a while. I wasn’t sure what was happening but i felt that something wasn’t right. Next morning i woke up to the worst news of my life; Adam was no more. Apparently he met with a major accident the previous night and died on the spot.
I didn’t know how to react because a few hours before he died, I did have a bad feeling. For days I couldn’t even sleep and I blamed myself because I felt like maybe I could have warned him about it and maybe he would still gonna be alive. It’s been almost 7 years since this incident took place but every time I think about it, my heart aches and I still wished he was alive. :( I still can’t figure out why I had that sort of a feeling hours before it actually happened and it scares me." - Party_Goal_9359
5. "I don’t believe in the supernatural, but I sure did remember this pair of events from over twenty years ago. I was driving down the freeway in a big city after work and my car stalled in the left lane. Some guy immediately came up and offered to tow me to the next off-ramp with a tow strap.
He dropped me off, and I tried giving him some money. He declined, telling me to instead do something nice for someone else. A week later, there was a rare downpour as I got in my car (same one, fixed) after work. Two scruffy-looking guys came running up to me and one said, “Hey brother, we missed our bus.” He wanted to know if I could give the two of them a ride.
This was not the best part of town, and I wouldn’t have been inclined to let them in, but I remembered what that Good Samaritan had told me. Pay it forward. OK, I said, hop in. We drove onto the freeway and I made all my usual turns heading home.
It was the same way my two passengers wanted to go. After a while, we got to an exit where they asked to be let off. It was the same exact spot, in a city of millions of people, where that other guy had unhitched my car from his truck and told me to do something nice for someone else." - edsuom
6. "Driving home from work late one night I was followed and it was weird. I left the hospital and turned off the main road to a bunch of side streets I would take. At one point I noticed a car behind me that made the same left turn like me. They sped up to get behind me. I thought nothing of it.
Then I briefly thought about running to 7-11 to grab some food and turned on my right signal. But I realized I had food at home, so I turned my signal off. The car behind me turned on their right signal and turned it off as well exactly as I had. At that point, I got a bit spooked. So I turned my right signal on and they did as well.
Instead at the next intersection, I turned left even though my right signal was on. They did as well. They proceeded to follow me through a series of odd turns. Eventually, I turned onto a cul-de-sac I knew about and figured I could turn around there and look at the driver to see who was following me. As I approached the end of the road they figured out what I was doing. They stopped and did a fast k-turn and sped off. It was weird. Still don’t know who it was." - BiologyJ
7. "I was about 7 or 8 and I was at a housewarming party at my aunt and uncle's new house. It wasn't extravagant, it was a lower- to a middle-class mobile home in South Carolina. Wasn't really a big party, just the family, some barbeque outback, red solo cups, all boxes in the garage, and not evenly distributed to their proper rooms. The only things that were "unpacked" and where they should be was the furniture. So anyway, two of my cousins were there and one of them had a friend over and we were all playing together, some made-up fantasy game where we were pretending to be princesses or something. All of the adults were out back drinking, and I emphasize, there were only four people inside the house: me, my two cousins, and the friend.
The house was set up in such a way that the kitchen was the first room you walked into from the front door, then there was the living room, then past that was the hallway with the bathroom and bedrooms. I was in the living room on the couch because that was the "princesses' bedroom" and I was kinda just sitting there idle while the others got snacks. With no warnings or no other sounds, every single one of us hears a female voice let out an ear-piercing, gut-wrenching, overall horrifying scream in the bathroom. It was clear as day and it was so loud and sudden that it made me jump, as the living room was right next to the hallway.
My cousins and their friend run out from the kitchen and look at me sitting there, and then we all run from the living room into the bathroom. Not a single person is in there, and nothing is displaced because there wasn't anything unpacked anyway except the toilet paper. We turned back around to see about 3 adults coming in from the back door because they had heard it too, coming from inside, so it wasn't any of them. What gets me about it is this: we have all since entertained the idea that it was a prank no one has fessed up to yet, but in order for it to have been a corporeal being, they would have had to somehow get into the bathroom without me seeing them from the couch, screamed, ran out of the bathroom to either the backdoor (without any of the four kids in the living room seeing) or out a window in one of the bedrooms.
All of the bedroom windows were locked from the inside, so if they escaped that way, someone would have had to lock it and go out the back door, which again, we would have seen. One of the creepiest things that's happened to me. And before you cry "speaker hidden somewhere," that was one of the first things that my uncle checked for when he ran inside and was told by us that none of us had done it.
Me and my cousins think it's either something supernatural or something that the adults did, and all of the adults that were there think that one of us screamed and lied about it because we were all in the bathroom when they came in. Either way, the mood at the party was killed really fast after that. Everyone was confused and a little on edge and there wasn't any of that self-satisfied undertone that someone who just played a really good practical joke would have been showing. It was a pretty blood-curdling sound." - TheGoddessHylia
8. "My last year at uni, I lived in a four-bedroom house, with a ground floor, then two floors with two bedrooms each. My friends had the first floor bedrooms, I was on the second floor, and the bedroom next to me was empty because the guy who had rented it was staying with his girlfriend. I don't think he ever slept there.
My bedroom and his had small crawl-space cupboards in the corners. I come home from uni one day to find my friends discussing noises sounding like footsteps that they've heard from my floor at night when I was asleep. I laugh because apparently these noises are loud and I have heard nothing. Because I don't believe them, I offer to go look at the crawl spaces.
We go upstairs, I open the door of the empty room, and right as I open the door, the door to the crawl space in the other corner of the room slams shut. We freak out. There's no reason for that door to have been open in the first place. So we grab kitchen knives, hole up in one of their rooms, and wait for a friend to come and check the cupboards and attic. We never found out what those noises were, but it was the scariest thing that happened the whole year we were there." - stuck_in_a_book
9. "I used to work in a nursing home where I cared for dementia patients. Every patient on the hall I worked on would steal spoons from dinner to give to “the kids” because “they like shiny things.” It got to the point where once a week I’d have to go through everyone’s room to take back the spoons.
I asked the patients about the kids many times but never got a good answer. I’d hear things like “they just live here” or “they stand outside in the snow and look in the windows” or “they’re my friends who visit.” Wouldn’t be so weird if they all didn’t do it, but it was everyone, the ones who were still capable of speaking anyways.
One time at 3 am one of my patients started screaming so I ran into her room and found her lying in bed, seemingly fine. I asked what was wrong and she said “That boy is here again and won’t get out of my closet! I’m scared!” Like me too, Delores what the heck" - danidoodle
10. "I have a weird memory that's not mine; I'm a small boy with a suit and tie, I'm at a party in a huge ceremonial church or something and there are lots of men and women wearing fancy black clothes, they all get in a circle its the middle of the daylight was brightly coming in through the windows and there is an old-ish couple dancing in the middle of the circle with some very classy/fancy music and I was trying to look at them through people's legs, suddenly the man falls, no gunshots no one did anything to him and then the second he falls everyone starts screaming, people were running away but the men were running towards him, I think I was trampled because I was lying on the floor and then everything goes black.
That's all I can remember. This is a clear memory that has stuck with me since I can remember, I'm really creeped out because I know that memory isn't mine, I've never gone to a fancy party in a church when I was little and I don't know what happened to that man because I fell over." - waterbottleman8000
11. "This didn't exactly happen to me, but I got some backlash and bad vibes from it. My best friend and his mom were moving out of their house (they were the only ones living in the house) and he went to take one last selfie in his room. When he showed the picture to his mom, she goes "who is that?".
Upon further inspection, he notices there was a straight-up white face almost like a mask looking over his shoulder from the attic hatch above his room. He always heard things from the attic but never saw anything. A few weeks later we went on a wrestling trip and stayed in a hotel. He showed the pic around to everyone in our room, and then some spooky things started happening.
In our room, we began hearing knocks on our door when nobody was there. We also saw flashes or glimpses of a figure in the mirror in our room. Everyone was a little freaked out about it and thought it could be the demon from the picture, and my friend who took it became so paranoid he played bible verses to ward any demons off all night. He said ever since he took that picture he has had weird things happen to him" - Xander20021
12. "I would cut weight/train for wrestling in high school, which meant a lot of dark-night runs at the middle school track. It was an old gravel one close to the woods with no lights. I didn't like running at the high school track for some reason so I'd just go there.
I'd hold my phone to time my laps and one night while I was looking down at it, someone tackled me out of nowhere. We rolled around on the ground and he never said a word. Just grunted.
Luckily, I got up and ran towards the middle school. I ran into some people and they called the cops. I left all of my stuff behind and he didn't take any of it. It was pretty strange." - Dragoevsky
13. "When I was about eight years old, my kitten Peterkris (named after the Kiss band member because she was a grey tabby) got hit and killed by a car. I was devastated. I had rescued her with my older sister from a box in the rain.
It was a miracle our parents let us keep her and her brother, Nigel. One day after school, my mother tells me that there had been a freak accident and that my kitten had died. I found out a few years later that she had been hit. Anyway.
Later that night, I was lying in bed and I felt her kneading (or making biscuits as some may call it) on my legs. I looked back behind me, as I was laying on my stomach, only to see not a thing there. I laid back down and the feeling came back again. Every time I would look behind me, it stopped. To this day, I still believe it was her." - suspicioush
14. "When I was 16/17 I was taking a warm bath on a stormy night. At a certain moment, when I looked to the windows, a thunder fell and the light exposed a silhouette of a tall and very skinny creature with long arms and a head that I can only describe as similar to the Martian from that 2000's justice league cartoon. I think about this moment every now and then and it gives me the creeps." - GabbaGadeovaky