- List View
- Player View
- Grid View
1. “AITA for crying (of sadness) when my sister announced her pregnancy?”
Plenty of people struggle with fertility issues and have mixed feelings about other people getting pregnant. But to your sister, this is one of the happiest moments of her life. Try to at least fake a damn smile instead of making this a dramatic event that is all about you!
2. “AITA for making a reservation to go to the national park the same day my sister's getting married on?”
Something about weddings really breaks the brains of siblings all across the world. But since some people need this spelled out: yes, you should attend your sister’s wedding ceremony. With any luck, she’ll only be getting married once, so you have the rest of your life to wander around the national park of your choosing.
3. “AITA for refusing to open the door for my sister when she brought her kids to stay with me?”
Some people aren’t just bad siblings, they are simply bad human beings. For the record, it takes a lot less effort to kindly open the door than it does to whine about NOT opening a door on the internet!
4. “AITA for not inviting my brother to my wedding and telling my parents and sister that if they try to bring him they will all be asked to leave?”
In a few cases, a sibling really might be so bad that you don’t want them anywhere near your wedding. But as a general rule, we recommend not causing a bunch of family drama and issuing ultimatums to the rest of your family just because you refuse to talk to your estranged brother.
5. “AITA for pretending my mother or stepsister doesn’t exist till I get an apology which in turn means my step sister has to walk 2 miles to school alone every day?”
So, this one is really a “twofer” on the a**hole scale. “Pretending my family doesn’t exist” is some petty and childish crap at any age. And screwing over someone else during this prolonged tantrum is the cherry on top of the whole a**hole sundae.
6. “AITA for telling my sister to expect to go to school tomorrow with no friends?”
Most sibling rivalry moments are things that the siblings forget and forgive after a few days. But telling someone they are going to be lonely and miserable when they go to school is the kind of thing that leads to years of therapy.
7. “AITA for telling my brother he downgraded?”
When a friend or family member is dating someone, the math is simple: you support their partner as a way of supporting them. Throwing it in your brother’s face that he’s dating ugly girls is the quickest way to show you don’t support your brother at all!
8. “AITA for making my brother's girlfriend mow my lawn?”
As you can tell, many of these questions come from siblings who have no idea of how to relate to their siblings’ romantic partners. But since this needs to be said, yes: you’re an a**hole for forcing your brother’s girl into manual labor, you damn weirdo!
9. “AITA for mimicking my brother's tantrums to prove my parents treat us differently?”
It really is annoying as hell when parents don’t know how to treat their children equally. But throwing fake tantrums is the quickest way to prove they were right for treating you like crap!
10. “AITA for making my brother’s family homeless especially because he has a small child and a soon-to-be-born baby?”
Forget Reddit, this dude clearly needs some kind of supervillain support group. That’s because comic book monsters are basically the only people who might support his decision to throw children into the damned street!
11. “AITA for changing my mind and telling my sister they can’t stay with me after some “jokes” she made?”
The key to keeping good relationships with your family is regular and reliable communication. I’m just going out on a limb here, but maybe talk to your sister about the offensive jokes rather than going completely nuclear and making things worse?
12. “AITA - For kicking my sister out over spilled soup?”
So, it’s not exactly spilled milk. But we’re going to go ahead and say “spilled soup” is another thing you shouldn’t cry over, much less kick your sister out over.
13. “AITA For telling my breastfeeding sister that she needs to stop letting her son play with her boobs?”
One of the quickest ways to get your head knocked off is to tell a nursing mother what she can and can’t do with her own baby. And let’s be real: it’s a little weird to focus on your sibling’s boobs that much. Unless you’re filming a family movie that begins with her asking “what are you doing, stepbrother?”
14. “AITA for not inviting my sister on a family trip because she is child-free?”
Real talk: the world is overpopulated, and too many families have more kids than they really need. Instead of punishing your sister for not making matters worse, maybe you could bring her along and have some extra assistance in chasing down your endless stream of bratty kids?
15. “AITA for kicking out my brother even though he saved my life?”
Some of these questions are easier to answer than others. In this case, yes: you’re an a**hole most of the time for kicking your sibling out. And if you’re doing so after that sibling saved your life, then you’re an ungrateful a**hole on top of everything else!
16. “AITA for calling my brother and his husband stupid for not preparing for their daughter’s first period?”
Maybe a little empathy, lady! Dudes mostly know how to do things their fathers taught them or things they figured out on their own. “Having a period” is not one of those things, so maybe you should cut your brother a little slack?
17. “AITA for not accommodating my brother's vegan fiancee?”
One of the most basic things about hosting other people is that you find out the kinds of food and drink they like and try to have it on hand. Not even offering so much as a single vegan option is just telling your brother how much you hate his fiancee!
18. “AITA for telling my brother that he shouldn't call himself a dog dad?”
The lesson of the last couple of years is that we all need to find the tiny joys available in this life and hold on tight. If your brother wants to give himself a silly title, do you really have to take that away from him?
19. “AITA for moving my baby brother’s bed to my parents and locking my door?”
It can be a bit weird when there isn’t much of a dividing line between parents and older siblings raising a child. But locking your brother out of your room and passive-aggressively making him your parents’ problem is a real jerk move.
20. “AITA for not accepting my sister's relationship with my ex despite her having cancer as a teenager?”
Honestly, you shouldn’t get too bent out of shape over anyone who is dating your ex. That relationship is in the past! Freaking out over your cancer-surviving sister dating your ex just means that you A) don’t care for your sister and B) never really got over the relationship.