- List View
- Player View
- Grid View
1. Mark Cuban is a guy who knows a thing or two about becoming suddenly rich. The Dallas Mavericks owner sold his first company for $6 million and his second for $5.9 billion. Tomorrow’s winner will be taking home $1.4 billion ($651 million after taxes). Here are Mark’s pearls of wisdom for that lucky person.
2. The very first thing you should do is hire a tax attorney.
3. Don’t take the lump sum. That way you can’t blow it all in one spot.
4. You are not a smart investor just because you have hundreds of millions of dollars. Put it in the bank and live comfortably for the rest of your life.
5. Say ‘no’ to friends and family who ask for money. If you are very close to them, you will already know if they actually need any help. It’s okay to help SOME of them but talk to your accountant first. Keep in mind: Nobody needs $1 million for anything. Nobody needs $100 thousand for anything. If they ask for it, they are not your friend
6. If you were already an unhappy person, the money won’t make you suddenly happy.
7. If you were already a happy person, you will be even happier.